Thursday 7 October 2010

3 Recent Things

God I am rubbish at remembering to write this!  Anyway the following things have happened since I last posted:

1)  We managed to get Glastonbury tickets!!!  Mike's phone found a loop hole where he was able to go back and book tickets for everyone in our group!  Otherwise NONE OF US would be going as nobody could get through using a computer.  It would have been a disaster because it's our annual thing, the same group of us go every year and to have some or all of the group missing would be a disaster! Scary!  But ok now woohoo can't wait for June!  Booked my leave yesterday and now on the countdown :) :)

2)  I have finally bought some proper running shoes!  The shop made me run on a treadmill and filmed my feet as I ran to see how they landed.  Turns out they land straight so I have a neutral foot so I tried on 4 pairs of trainers and went with the first ones as they felt just like slippers when I put them on.  I have run in them twice and they are very comfy.  The big test will be a long run this weekend (My last before the race!)

3)  I have FINALLY sorted my hair out!  The hairdresser stripped out the black and then dyed over it in a golden brown to match my (large) roots so now I have my natural colour back...I think...it has been a long time since I have seen it!  Anyway that cost a small fortune and I got conned in to buying some special shampoo and conditioner because all normal shampoo and conditioner has the dreaded SULPHATES in them.  Sulphates (du-du-duuur!!!) is a cleansing agent used in most shampoos/showergels etc which will apparently will make my colour fade very quickly and this is bad cos my hair is orange underneath the dye from the stripper so my brown will soon become brassy and I will have to go back and have it dyed again.  Which you would think they would want cos they they get more money??  But perhaps they know I will have to go back soon anyway?!  Hmmm I think I was conned, but at least the shampoo smells nice.

2 comments:

  1. You know wine's got sulphates in it don't you lol! Good luck with retaining the "natural" colour, and just use the minimum shampoo necessary, and only once a week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your shoes sorted out - the ones you've got now sound lovely and comfy - running in slippers, that would be a first!

    ReplyDelete