Saturday 9 October 2010

Old Lady

I have become an old lady...it's official.

No longer do I spend my saturdays waiting impatiently to be able to get ready to go clubbing...I am now waiting impatiently for Strictly Come Dancing and XFactor to start!  What a loser.  Although tonight is the first of the LIIIIVE SHOOOWS!!!  Loser.  I am excited though.

To be fair though I have got quite a lot planned over the next few weeks...and I did go out last Saturday...so perhaps I had better not start a pension just yet (Although perhaps I should as Mike has been paying into one for years!)

So, today all I have done is:

1)  Cook Mike a fry up...I was good and had one sausage with 2 poached eggs on toast with a grilled tomato.

2)  Got dressed (This is good going for me on the weekend when we don't do anything!)

3)  Walked to the shop to pick up some squash (ESSENTIAL) and some nurofen (also essential) ready for a probably hangover tomorrow after I have enjoyed a couple of bottles of wine with my saturday night old ladyness.  Not all to myself I am hoping Mike will help me out!  Also 2 big peaches from the green grocers.  This should probably be a separate post but the fruit and veg in the greengrocers is twice the size of the stuff available in supermarkets!  The 2 peaches cost me 88p so if I had bought 4 they would have been much cheaper than the punnet in tescos.  And bigger.  This is another example of something a 24 year old should not care about.


4)  Watch this space, I don't know what to do next.  There's still 3 hours until my programmes.  Hmm.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts do make me laugh, Rose. I can really hear your voice when I read them! And, yes, it does seem that little bits of old ladyish are creeping in, but not much so don't worry. I haven't watched XFactor this year because Paul hasn't been around to share it with, but I rather miss it marking the beginning of my Saturday evening. Enjoy the rest of your evening x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're an old lady yet... if you were what would that make me lol! But yes, I'm watching Strictly this time, although not the X Factor.

    ReplyDelete