Thursday 16 September 2010

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ArghhHhH I am so annoyed right now!!!!!!

Why do unfit people feel like they can critise people who actually make an effort to do exercise??

 This morning the fat bald man who I have the misfortune of working with asked me how far I went on my run last night. 

So I told him 6.5 miles and he asked how long it had taken me.  So I said "1 hour 18 minutes" to which he said "HAHAHA DEAR GOD" and I said "What?" and he said "PAH I could walk it faster than that!"

So then I asked him when he last did any running, or even walked half a mile for that matter. 
And told him it is really rude for someone who does no exercise whatsoever to have a say on what others do. 
Then he said the cheek to say "Don't worry, you'll get better"  I wanted to punch him in his stupid fat face!!!!!!!

I'd like to see HIM running for an over an hour without stopping, with his belly and his 40 a day habit. 
I know I am not a fast runner, this is not the problem.  I know it is a slow time, though I was running into a gale/sandstorm on the seafront yesterday and had a number of hills to run up - the joys of Wales!  But even on a flat course with no wind I am never going to win any prizes for speed! 

But for me, running 1 hour 18 minutes without stopping or walking was an achievement and who is HE to make it feel like an embarrassment?

What the HELL gives these people the right to pass comment when they do absolutely sod all to look after their bodies/challenge themselves???

It has really ground my gears and ruined my morning even though I know it shouldn't cos what does he know anyway.  GAH.

Edit - Am calmer now...he is just ignorant and doesn't know anything.  Posted about this on Runners World forum and had some really nice responses that have made me see reason and feel much better :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now! I think you're doing great, and I just wish I had the energy and commitment to run like you do. Don't let him get to you - you're so much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take no notice. He couldn't walk it faster anyway, as a very fast walking pace is 4 mph, so there's no way! Speed doesn't matter and when I used to go I ran (jogged) slower than I walked anyway, although I think you go faster than I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, Just wanted to say that if his only pleasure in life is to criticise others for something he wishes he had the motivation to do himself then he really is pathetic and not even worth a millisecond of your time.
    I'm a VERY slow runner (not even sure I could run now I'm heavily pregnant!!) So understand where you're coming from.
    Never give up and use all negative comments as a fuel to keep pushing forward :)

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete