Thursday 10 March 2011

Pre-Work Stress!

Un disastro this morning.  I was getting changed after the gym and while zipping up my top (it has a long zip down one side of my ribs) I caught the fabric in it and broke the zip...leaving me with a gaping hole in my side. 

There is no way I could have worn the top to work like that...so I had to wait for the shops to open so I could buy a new one.  And guess what...I couldnt find anything I liked or that was suitable...it didn't help that my bra today is bright pink so I couldn't even try some lighter clothes on!

Finally found something after 30mins but am still feeling resentful towards it as I did not want to buy it!

I waited 50 minutes until 9am, wasted 1 hr 15 minutes flexi time by being late for work should have been there at 8.30, and spent £12 I haven't really got.  GAH.  Not a good start.
It is lucky I had money in my account to buy a new top or I would have had to wear my coat in the office all day! 

I am going to bring an emergency top to work and leave it in my desk to avoid future disasters.  I always wonder what would happen if I forgot my trousers or something.....I'd have to get the bus all the way back home in my sweaty gym clothes and then all the way back into town...would be a nightmare! 

Perhaps I shall leave emergency trousers in desk too............

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a thing to happen! Leaving emergency clothes at work sounds like a good idea to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to point it out now, but it would've been cheaper to buy safety pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh pre work stress is the worse, everything bad seems to happen when you're in a rush!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for commenting on my blog - glad you are still reading, hope you have a permanent back up for a wardrobe malfunction now

    ReplyDelete